ABAS has started a Discord server to help with our organizing efforts! The goal of the discord server is to connect artists across the industry who are hoping to see a union form, with channels like general chat, studio specific chats, politics, women’s chat, seeking work and more. It is also becoming a very helpful tool for our different committees, making communication and organization easier!
Our committees - Core, Womens’, Accessibility, Postering, Events and Social Media - are going to be an integral part of our organizing efforts, and ensuring the union we form represents all of us. In addition to organizing, it’s a great community for animators to be a part of. Whether you’re looking for work, looking to meet like minded people and get involved, or looking to be involved in our educational livestreams, the ABAS Discord Server is a great way to start!
Here’s an overview of our committees, and what they are responsible for:
1. Core Committee - the central organizing committee for ABAS. This is capped at 10 members, with one spot reserved for LGBTQ representation, one spot for minority representation and one spot for a women's representative.
2. Postering Committee - responsible for creating and putting up posters and other physical advertising for ABAS.
3. Women's Committee - open only to women, women identified and non binary members, organizing specifically on women and non-binary issues and hosting women's only ABAS events.
4. Social media committee - members who run and organize our social media, including Twitter and Facebook.
5. Accessibility Committee - responsible for identifying and including accessibility issues for animators for ABAS 6. Event Committee - responsible for organizing and running ABAS events, including town hall meetings and coordinating with IATSE for joint events.